Black Governance and Leadership- Toronto East
TAIBU, in partnership with U of T Scarborough, East Scarborough Boys and Girls Club, and Toronto A.K.A, are implementing the Black Governance Leadership Project funded by the City of Toronto to increase the capacity and representation of Black Torontonians on Boards of Health and Social organizations.
The capacity building program has five main components:
- The Board Oversees: Roles & Responsibilities, Types of Boards, Quality & Resources oversight
Risk management, Operations and Program Effectiveness
- The Board Plans: Mission/Vision/Values, Strategic Planning, Board Annual Workplan/Calendar, Board self evaluation
- The Board Engages: community and stakeholder relationships, Communication, Advocacy
- The Board Preserves: Symptoms of dysfunctional Board, avoiding pitfalls, strategies to maintain a strong board operating with one voice
- The Board is Afrocentric: Embedding Anti Black Racism in Governance and how to engage in decolonizing and Afrocentric generative discussions.