Innovate Inclusion is Hiring a Project Coordinator
Innovate Inclusion is a not for profit that advocates for the success of underrepresented communities within technology and entrepreneurship.
Our mission is to
– foster awareness around the importance of inclusive community engagement;
– advocate for the economic development and success of underrepresented communities;
– educate corporations, communities and individuals by providing access to programs and services that support personal and professional growth.
Innovate Inclusion is looking for a versatile Project Coordinator to support our continued growth and success from our office located in Waterloo, Ontario. As a Project Coordinator you will work with our team as we plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget.
– Organize meetings, events, book venues, and catering etc;
– Build and maintain positive professional relationships with community organizations and partners;
– Research and compile information as requested;
– Develop and review project schedules, estimates and all updates;
– Maintain, monitor, and respond to social media posts;
– Editorial duties (writing, proofreading, fact-checking, etc.);
– Maintain database of relevant contacts and opportunities;
– Actively solicits feedback from participants and makes recommendations as needed;
– Track program performance through collection of data on rates of participation, effectiveness of marketing and outreach activities, and other measurable impacts;
– Other tasks as required;
– Prepare reports regarding outcomes on a regular basis (monthly, quarterly, and/or as needed);
– Develop opportunities for community volunteering and engagement;
– Identify areas of focus for community impact and implementation of user friendly tools to share and promote;
– Facilitate communication with volunteer network in between events and activities;
– Assist with volunteer recruitment by planning, implementing, and attending community events;
– Additional duties as assigned.
– Some college coursework is helpful but not mandatory. Experience related to project management, communications, public relations and/or customer service is valued;
– Some previous work on social media websites and/or blogs, whether professional or persona and must enjoy and be familiar with social media, blogs, and review websites;
– Office computer and data management skills with proficiency in Mac OS & PC OS. Program proficiency should include Google Docs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Spark);
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
– Strong organization skills, interpersonal skills, and excellent attention to detail;
– Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality;
– Willingness and ability to readily respond to changing circumstances and expectations;
– Ability to remain calm and positive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment;
– Ability to prioritize, multi-task and think of how actions have long term effects.
This is a five month contract position that requires the candidate to travel for a total of 6 days and 4 nights within Ontario. Travel, accommodations, and per diems will be covered.
This position pays $20/hour. We are flexible with weekly schedules and can accommodate candidates who wish to work from alternative locations a couple days each week.
October 30, 2019.
14 Erb Street
Waterloo, Ontario N2L1S7
Candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to: Hello @ InnovateInc . co
December 22, 2020
November 12, 2020
October 27, 2020